Partners of New Zealand citizens and residents can get New Zealand residency for their partners. However, INZ has to be satisfied that they could have been living together in a genuine and stable relationship. INZ is very strict on the requirements, and it is important you have the right evidence and the rights advocacy to ensure a favourable outcome for yourself and your partner. As a result, it is best to get in touch with us so we can assess your situation and help you on your way in obtaining New Zealand residency for your partner.

If you are a New Zealand temporary visa holder (some work visas, student visa), you can take your partner and any dependent children to New Zealand to live with you while you work and study. However, you need t to prove your partnership to be genuine and stable INZ. We can help you in assessing your eligibility and obtaining temporary visas for your dependents when you go to New Zealand for study or work.